« Home | Test »

Pu.R.G.E Questionaire

1) How long have you been spinning/Knitting/Crocheting? Almost two outta-sight years!

2) Do you consider yourself a beginner, novice, or experienced Yarn Artist?
Somebody says I’m advanced (but I'm not, realy)…I don’t know, above average…

3) What type of fibers have you worked with?
Wool, chenille (the good kind and the crappy kind), acrylic (I’m no snob), cotton, fun fur

4) What types are you dying to try?
None, really. I think my favorite is merino wool, right now.

5) Are you allergic to anything, (Fibers, Food, Smells that make you want to puke, etc.)?
No allergies

6) Do you have any Disorders, ex: Diabetes? Do I have to list mental disorders???

7) What is your Favorite Time/Style period, ex: Romatic, Grecian,Metal, Goth,etc?
Tough question! I dig the whole 50’s/60’s housewife thing—they had such cute dresses. 80’s preppy always goes over pretty well…I’ve been told I’m a walking contradiction…

8) What fibers do you dislike? Anything scratchy.

9) Name some of your favorite Artist, Movie wise, Television if you watch it ex: I heart Keanu, some things cant be helped, and Rachel loves Mike Ness !?
I’ll fight’cha for Mike Ness!!! I watch too much TV. I’d have a hard time choosing between Mr. Ness, Brian Setzer, Brad Pitt, and Johnny (Depp, that is).

10) Whos your favorite Character ex: Jack or Cpt Jack?
I don't think I'm comfortable answering this

11) Do you prefer natural colored fibers, or handpainted/dyed fiber?
Doesn’t really matter. I love color, but a nice neutral has it’s uses.

12) What are you favorite colors?
Pink and lime green are at the top, but I also enjoy a nice purple or orange!

13) What colors do you dislike?
I don’t know that I dislike any color….

14) What projects are you currently working on?
Trying to start my holiday hat/scarf last-minute-gift stash.

15) Do you have a wishlist?
For knitting?? Sure…I want those really cute skully noodles (that’s what my daughter calls needles), more merino wool, and a few other things that, of course, I can’t remember at this time.

16) Do you have any other favorite hobbies?
I’ve been trying my hand at sewing…and I do a little cake/cookie decorating.

17) Whens your birthday?(mm/dd) Thanks Rach'
Oct. 16

18) What is your favorite food, candy, scents that you love!! Etc.?
I’ve never been known to turn down a Take 5 candy bar! And I love the smell of cookies or a cake baking.

19) Are you pierced at all? Any tattoos? Can you/would you wear jewelry that isnt real?
Some piercings (all above the neck), and not enough tattoos (can you ever have enough?). I can, and would wear “fake” jewels.

20) What do you like Culturally, ex: Celtic, African, Devil Worshiping, Kidding!?
YOGURT!!!! Oh yeah, and lefse... I don't really have a cultural favorite...I enjoy Celtic, and Viking I guess

21) What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
A needle roll, what else??

22) What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like old honky tonk, punk rock, rockabilly, and lounge And let's not forget the 40's...Perry Como, The Andrews Sisters, Artie Shaw, Benny Goodman...

23) What's your favorite season and why?
Fall…because it’s sweater weather!!

24) What season do you abhor?
none

25) How about Sports, any that you just cant get enough of or do they make you throw up in your mouth just a little?
Love, love, love HOCKEY! I also enjoy baseball…

26) What is your family situation Do you live alone?
Married with two kids

27) Do you have any pets?
nope

28) Do you like handmade gifts?
Depends on what it is…if it’s cute, I’ll like it…if it sucks, I’ll only pretend to like it…

29) What’s your favorite thing to make, knit/crochet or other craft wise?
I like making goofy hats for my kids, legwarmers, and sweaters…

30) Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Straight

31) Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No, you lazy bitch, I do it with my hands!!

32) Tell us how you learned to knit/crochet?
I learned from an old TimeLife "Joy of Sewing" book. Who knew??

33) Do you enjoy getting helpful hints from others or does it just piss you off?
Helpful hints are nice, but only if I’ve asked for advice. Unsolicited advice always annoys me.

34) How old is your oldest UFO?
I don’t have UFOs. I won’t start a new project until I finish one.

35) Is there anything that you collect? Does dust count? We have a few collections: Pirate stuff, pin-up girls, and cheesy Jesus things (pictures, statuettes, candles, etc...)

36) Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
“Rip-It: how to deconstruct and reconstruct the clothes of your dreams”

37) What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have if any?
None

38) Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I would love to be better with dpns.

39) Do you enjoy knitting socks? How big are yer boats (feet)? Haven’t tried socks yet…see #38. And I’m a size 8 ½ “boat”.

seriously just tell the truth your favorite band is Sisters of mercy and anything near goth!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm KnitGyver
  • From Midwest, United States
  • I'm a stay at home mom (well, I work part-time...)to two kids and one husband. I've been accused of being sarcastic and snarky. I'm trying to curb my potty-mouth for the sake of the children, but I've been known to slip. You've been warned.
My profile

Previous posts